photo by The Framers
Hello to my lovely members! This just in, we have a new reopening plan in Portugal.
Unfortunately, there has been no mention of foreign travel just yet but as soon as I hear something, I will let you know!
(source: The Portugal News)
Here are the basic rules outlined regarding the easing of lockdown in Portugal as planned by the government
- Until Easter the general lockdown will be maintained
- Prohibition of movement between municipalities until Easter: from 20 to 21 March and from 26 March to 5 April;
- Remote working will remain mandatory whenever possible;
- Opening hours of supermarkets and authorised retailers will be until 9pm during the week; 1pm at weekends and holidays (or 7pm for food retail).
From 15 March:
- Nurseries, pre-school, 1st cycle (and ATL for the same ages) can reopen
- Church aasses return from Monday. Easter processions are suspended;
- Trade at the door, hairdressers, manicurists and the like can reopen
- Bookstores, libraries and archives to reopen
- Automobile trade and real estate mediation to return
From 5 April:
- 2nd and 3rd cycle of schools (and ATL for the same ages) to resume face to face classes
- Shops up to 200 square metres with a door to the street can open
- Museums, monuments, art galleries, palaces and the like reopen
- Social facilities in the area of ??disability to open
- Fairs and non-food markets to reopen (this is a municipal decision);
- Terraces can operate (maximum of four people);
- Low-risk sports
- Outdoor physical activity for up to four people allowed
- Gyms without group classes can open
From 19 April:
- Secondary and higher education resumes with face to face classes
- All shops and shopping centres can open
- Restaurants, cafes and pastry shops (maximum of four people inside or six on the terrace), until 10 pm (or 1 pm on weekends and holidays)
- Cinemas, auditoriums, theatres to open
- Citizen stores with face-to-face service, but with appointment
- Outdoor physical activity for up to six people;
- Outdoor events with reduced capacity;
- Weddings and baptisms with 25% capacity.
From 3 May:
- Large outdoor events allowed
- Interior events with reduced capacity allowed
- Weddings and baptisms with 50% capacity.